New school years often bring change, but the 2022-2023 school year begins with a new principal leading Emmaus High School. Beth Guarriello, previously the principal at Southern Lehigh HS and Saucon Valley HS, will look to create a safe, welcome and challenging environment for all EHS students. She is focused on helping students find their niche, create community, and have fun!
In this episode, we cover:
* Her freshmen experience at Freedom High School
* The goals she has for students during their first year
* Orientation on August 17
* The changed to Hornet Homeroom and Hornet Huddle
* The need to create fun and community to help students find their niche
* Changes in assignment of assistant principals and school counselors to create a more cohesive 4-year experience for students and families
* First impressions of Emmaus High School after 1 month on the job
* One tip for incoming 9th graders to start off the school year
For all previous episodes of the podcast, go to www.9thgradeexperience.com. If you visit the site, you can leave us a voicemail, an email or a rate and review of the show.
Thanks to Eli Heckman, Class of 2025, for providing the music in today's episode!
Education Podcast Network
I am proud to announce that the 9th Grade Experience Podcast has joined the Education Podcast Network (EPN). The passionate hosts of the EPN family are made up of a wide variety of teachers, administrators, and educators who are dedicated to bringing you the best in education-related content. The network covers everything from current events in education, technology, and best practices to the latest editorials and more on a regular basis in high quality. To find out more information about all the great shows, visit https://www.edupodcastnetwork.com/